If you’re traveling to El Nido, we know that COVID-19 has greatly impacted the tourism industry. Since the Philippines is opening up to leisure tourists, travel limitations prevent the virus from spreading further.
El Nido Travel Requirements
In this guide, we've compiled updated information which you'll need to plan your holiday. Although, El Nido is currently safe, protected by LGU’s, and not crowded. It is essential to take note of all the critical travel advisories and recommendations before entering Palawan's paradise to keep both tourists and residents safe. Read on to learn what the travel requirements are and what other national and local government restrictions are as of November 2021.
Requirements for Admission to El Nido:
- Tourists from the National Capital Region (NCR) are permitted to travel to El Nido on a point-to-point basis.
- All ages are welcome, but the following must be completely vaccinated (can only travel after the second dosage for at least two weeks)
- Travelers who have stayed for more than seven (7) days will be subjected to an antigen test.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOURISTS FROM PALAWAN (LOCALS)
- Local travelers must fill the Tourist ID with QR Code (QT-ID) through submitting the relevant documentation to https://elnidotourism.ph/
- Proof of Palawan residency is required.
- A valid identification card is required.
- For quarantine purposes, booking a hotel with a DOT-approved institution is required.
TOURISTS OUTSIDE OF PALAWAN
What documents must foreigners submit to enter the Philippines?
It isn't easy to visit the Philippines without a visa. The following are the requirements for foreign visitors visiting the Philippines:
- Under EO 408, you must be a citizen of a country that does not require a visa.
- Those accompanying their Filipino spouses and parents must show proof of filiation.
- Those who are foreign nationals with valid visas.
- ACR I-Card with a valid visa
- Those having a 9(a) visa must show an entry exception paperwork issued by the country's foreign post.
- In addition, all arriving tourists must be quarantined at an authorized quarantine hotel or facility.
PHILIPPINE LOCALS & FOREIGNERS TRAVELING THE PHILIPPINES
- Approved tourist ID with QR code with the S-Pass travel application (QT-ID). The submission for this relevant documentation is before 3 pm. Link is https://elnidotourism.ph/
- Before departure, a negative RT-PCR test result obtained within the past 72 hours is required.
- Booking or reserving a room at a DOT-approved hotel is required.
- Return tickets are required.
- Presenting the identification card is required.
- Private transportation from the airport to the hotel and vice versa must be prepared in advance.
(Frequently Asked Question)
Is it safe to visit the Philippines at this time?
Regarding health, the national government and local government entities have put safety standards to prevent COVID-19 from spreading. Face masks are used, social distance is maintained, and a negative COVID-19 test result and a vaccination card or certificate are required while crossing local borders.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.